I bought two pillow cases at savers to use for my fabric. Good idea too because each one was $0.99. so I didn't waste too much money.
I found pattern online. It seemed simple enough. Yeah.... it wasn't. Or maybe I'm just horrible at sewing.
I ended up ripping up all my seems after I sewed them because a) I sewed the wrong pieces together b) I sewed the wrong seems together at the wrong time.
I forgot to account for my hips so I had to rip up the outside leg seems and improvise by adding in more fabric. My shorts ended up having a sort of pin strip (but flowery).
My hem lines weren't equal on the legs.
My shorts were too low on the waist (especially in the back). I didn't really account for my butt. So again I had to improvise and I ended up sewing on an extra 2 inches (like a hem belt piece thingy magig).
I put the pants on to see if they fit and i ripped a section... so I had to go back and sew that together.
All in all... yeah.... lets just say I probably won't be wearing these out in public unless I'm out of clothes. and even then I probably won't. Looks like instead I got a cute pair (pattern wise) of shorts to lounge in.
I did learn how to use the seam ripper really well though. Thats a plus.
Next time. I'm actually going to spring for a legit pattern and save me some time.
Learn from my mistakes,