For about the past two weeks now I've been on the phone with the insurance adjustors trying to figure out whether or not the other driver will pay 80% or 100% compensation. Either way we essentially "win." Now it is down to was there any neglect on my part or was it 100% their fault.
For a while it felt like the other driver was trying to get away with it and prove that they were not fully responsible for the accident but looking back now I can see how possibly it might have seemed like I was going to go around. They should have waited because it was such a close call. Maybe if I would have slowed down a bit more, used my blinker, or moved out of my lane a bit earlier then we wouldn't have had an accident.
What the other driver is trying to do is only compensate 80% damage. They accept majority of the fault but they are trying to what feels like blaming me for the other 20% of the accident. They are "blaming" me for not paying attention to in coming traffic. It feels as though they thought that I should have yield to entering traffic.
I guess I'll accept some responsibility. I feel like 80% compensation is fair enough on their part. From my view point of the accident I felt that I was exiting and crossing lanes as the other driver was entering the roundabout. Maybe that just happened in my head. Maybe since I knew my game plan of driving and knew that I would be exiting it felt as though I was exiting earlier than I actually did. Maybe I wasn't crossing lanes by the time the other driver was entering the roundabout. But from my memory the other driver didn't even hesitate when they entered the roundabout.
I don't know if it is fair that I should have to pay the other 20% or if the other driver should have to pay 100% but it's not In my hands anymore. It is up to the minds of the "bosses" in the insurance company. Right now I feel like I have such a little voice in the matter. I am what my site is called a "silent sound" in the voice of such a powerful insurance company.
Well, thanks for letting me rant and work out my feelings on my accident. I hope it works out and I'll keep you updated.
Until I know what the outcome is tell me what do you think should happen in my case?
Should the other driver pay 80%? or 100%?